Avoid the scams.
Please beware of Modeling Scams....
* GOOGLE the names of people or Agencies your are considering working with. Check the facts. Check with your local BBB.
* Is the Agent qualified to represent you? What is their experience in the Acting/Modeling Industry?
* Ask to see examples of the Agency's recent work.
* There is NEVER a need to give out your home address unless someone is writing you a check.
* Beware of Agencies who charge listing fees. It is illegal in most states.
* Beware of Agencies who require photoshoots with their on-staff or other exclusive photographer.
* LA and NY did not run out of models......and "big-shot" Modeling Agents are not going to come to a small town hotel to find you and make you a star. They tell almost everyone that they "made it into the top 10" and invite you to compete in Florida for only about $2500 in front of faux Model Scouts.
* Child Modeling is not a big market at all in the Midwest.... beware of anyone who tells you it is and wants to take your money.
* Child Modeling contests are typically just for fun, and come along with expensive entry fees. Be very careful who you email a photo of your child and their personal information to.
* You do not need a portfolio before you get an Agent.
* You do not need comp cards before you get an Agent. This is NOT advisable.
* Do not pay for nation-wide websites or services who promise to notify you of auditions in your area.
The Talent and Crew Network's Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on or for the The Talent and Crew Network and it's website.
On some pages, you can submit information to be considered for listing with the Talent and Crew Network.The types of personal information collected on this page or through email submission is: Name, Address, Email address, Phone number, Modeling/Acting Resume, Personal stats, and Photographs.
The Way We Use Information:
We use the general information you provide about yourself and your professional photograph when we submit you as Talent in consideration for a Modeling/Acting job. We may also use your image in marketing materials if you are listed with us. We do not share your information with outside parties except when absolutely necessary, in which case we would request permission in advance from you in writing to do so. Your first name (and last initial in some cases), submitted photographs, Modeling/Acting Experience and stats might be all posted on individual profiles on the private client-only website. Your location or other personal information is never posted or shared.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive.We also send out mass emails concerning Auditions in the area, or other business related matters. Such addresses or personal information are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never display information about children under the age of 13 that would compromise their location, identity or safety.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please email us at: Info@TalentandCrewNetwork.com
Effective Date 8-21-09